Gay pride or LGBT Pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender ("LGBT") people to promote their self-affirmation, dignity, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance.
Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements throughout the world. Pride has lent its name to LGBT-themed organizations, institutes, foundations, book titles, periodicals and even a cable TV station and the Pride Library.
Ranging from solemn to carnivalesque, pride events are typically held during LGBT Pride Month or some other period that commemorates a turning point in a country’s LGBT history, for example Moscow Pride in May for the anniversary of Russia's 1993 decriminalization of homosexuality. Some pride events include LGBT pride parades and marches, rallies, commemorations, community days, dance parties, and large festivals, such as Sydney Mardi Gras, which spans several weeks.
A common symbol of pride is the rainbow or pride flag. The BOLDFACE Pride Collection celebrates equality and respect for all.
Choose either a backpack and face or just a removable face.
The STANDARD size backpack is perfect for young adults and up.
The JUNIOR size backpack is perfect for children (typically 3 - 12) and smaller-framed adults.
When you order a Boldface Backpack you get:
- Super high quality, rugged polyester canvas exterior
- Large inner cavity for books, jacket, flip flops... whatever you need to carry.
- Wide padded backpack straps for extra comfort
- Exchangeable artist designed Boldface faces printed on weatherproof and waterproof canvas
- Inner laptop sleeve
- One side mesh pocket and one side Velcro pocket
- Large extra front pocket (under back flap) for magazines, folders, etc.
When you order a Boldface face you get:
- Exchangeable artist designed or personalized Boldface face printed on weatherproof and waterproof canvas that attaches to your Boldface backpack